Monday, November 23, 2009

3 jobs all at once!

I got a job! Woohoo! I am a "research assistant" in the Library of the Music Special Collections department. Basically, its a fancy title for me just scanning & cataloging lots of music in various forms. I also have the job at the MTC watching missionaries clean. What's nice is that I get to choose my own hours, so I don't have to be tied down by an employer like Sam's club that makes you work 5 hour shifts no matter what. The only crummy thing is that there's only an 80% chance that I will get to keep this job next semester. I really hope I can keep it by then. If not, oh well, I'll just start the interviewing process again!

Last night I packed all of our un-opened wedding presents into the car so that today when I get the keys I can just drool over them as I put all our pretty dishes, pots and pans, and other appliances into our new kitchen. I can't tell you how long I've dreamed of doing this. For some reason, that's the most exciting part of this week for me. I couldn't sleep I was so excited. I love to host guests, and to be limited in that respect has been not my favorite.

It's been frustrating, though, because although we are supposed to move in today, the lady who is moving out is supposed to give us the keys has NOT called us or answered her phone all weekend OR today. So I am just a little peeved because I am working 60 hours starting this week and I need to know ahead of time so I can plan when I can drop stuff off. I really don't like getting my hopes up for no reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment