Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas!

It's been forever since I've written...but life is crazy!
TEACHING IS THE BOMB.

And I had fun decorating our home for Christmas. My family is coming to stay so we've been furnishing things up a bit in preparation for all of the guests!
I'm way excited.
No idea what to put on the walls, but I figure that's a project for way later...we gotta stop buying stuff! I love our first ever coffee table and 'modern' TV. Saves a lot of space not having a TV with a big butt. Also, that papasan chair is awesome because it seats two people, and the two people MUST cuddle to be comfortable. It's great for afternoon naps on the weekends :-)


After watching the Christmas devotional tonight, I decided to frame "Jesus the Christ" and make our entryway table all about the nativity and the temple. I love Christmas time because of our Anniversary.

I did a fun DIY project yesterday where I decorated my own wreath. Used a 50% off coupon for Michaels and got one of their giant wreathes and stuck a bunch of stuff in it! Easy peasey! And for less than $20 I filled a big empty wall with something festive. And I can use it forever.
I'd say that's purty good.

I collect these little handmade German Christmas ornaments. They are so cute.



I definitely am looking for some good Christmas traditions to start so we can remind our future kids about the reason for the season. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. awww!!! I'm in the picture on your wall!! I love you guys! I seriously am going to have to come visit as soon as I move to California! (How about August? Can I come see you after I take the Bar?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to make your pictures bigger! your house looks so cute! Love the wreath you made I've been trying to think of Christmas traditions too. All of ours center around Santa and Christmas jamers.

    ReplyDelete